Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Prison

Dear followers,
Today I met Pip. He was waiting at the train station. He mentioned that he was a bit early. Long story short, I invited him to come with me to the Newgate Prison. When we arrived on the property I could feel that Pip felt uncomfortable. I really didn't know why, to tell you the truth I felt more at home than anything. I also introduced him to a man who is sentenced to death. The man is to be hung. That is pretty much a sum up of my day with Pip. Bye for now.--Wemmick

Chapter 32, Page 276 "It struck me that Wemmick walked among the prisoners, much as a gardener might walk among his plants."-Pip (about Wemmick) This quote shows that Wemmick feels comfortable and at home at the prison.

Chapter 32, Page 278 "The recorder's report is made to-day, and he is sure to be executed on Monday."- Wemmick (to Pip) This quote shows the coolness of Wemmick as he tells about the death sentence of Coiner.

No comments:

Post a Comment