Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Advice

Dear viewers,
Today I saw Pip. He had come to me for advice. He wanted to help Herbert by buying his way into the merchant business. I first adviced him not to help. However, later at the Castle I was feeling cheerful and advised him to help.I helped Pip and we found a merchant and bought Herbert's way into the business. I also introduced him to my girlfriend. Speaking of her, I was getting very annoyed when she wouldn't let me keep my arm around her. Well bye for now--Wemmick

Chapter 37, Page 314 "Well you know, Mr. Pip, I must tell you one thing. This is develish good of you."

Chapter 37, Page 316 "In course of time I saw his hand appear on the other side of Miss Skiffins; but at that moment Miss Skiffins neatly stopped him with the green glove, unwound his arm again as if it were an article of dress, and with the greatest deliveration laid it on the table before her."

2 comments:

  1. Nice job showing the differing opinions of Wemmick's two sides: his work side where he appears to be very dry as compared to his home side where he is more cheerful and humane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an excellent example of Wemmick's transformation from the Little Britain side to the Walworth side. He becomes more open and friendly once he is in his comfortable home quarters and can make a more friendly suggestion.

    ReplyDelete